The drawing up of specifications and correct design of hoppers, silos, bunkers and other large-scale bulk storage schemes is of fundamental importance for the optimal operation of plant.
This short course has been developed with specification writers and equipment designers/suppliers in mind.
Topics covered include:
- Minimising project risk through characterisation of bulk materials;
- How to characterise bulk materials using firmly established methods and the latest test equipment;
- How to use shear cell measurements to design for reliable discharge;
- Detail design for storage equipment;
- Best Practice for bulk handling plant design and operation;
- When should discharge aids be applied and appropriate types;
- Methods for correct interfacing.
Delivered online over 5 x 3 hours sessions.